UGUI (Unified Graphical User Interface) is a program that has been designed to commonly control plural devices in one single graphical interface.
- Start-up the UGUI
Start-up the UGUI either by double-clicking on the icon called "UGUI",or by typing ugui on the beamline controlling computer (UGUI PC).
- PLEASE do NOT click any button before the Status line becomes blue and indicates Idle.
In the main window, the current status of the devices is indicated. The symbolic colored codes are as indicated below.
Blue：Devices are in Idle, staying at the current position.
Red：Devices are working.
Status indicates the current condition and position of all devices at the beamline.
Blue：Stand by (the user is allowed to control the ugui).
Red： Working (the user is not allowed to control the ugui).
- >Working Directory<
All data are stored under this directory.
Status of the shutter located in front of samples.
Represent the angle existing between the omega axis (axis of the sample) and the diffractometer.
The current energy (in terms of wavelength) of the incoming X-rays.
- >Distance, Height<
Distance between the sample and the detector, and the offset value of the detector height, respectively.
The actual resolution limit avilable at the moment of the experiement.
(The value of this resolution is calculated depending on the energy, the camera distance, the camera height, and the detector type.)
- >H.slit, V.slit<
The size of the X-ray beam can be considered as being almost identical as the delimited horizontal and vertical slit size.
The value represents the transmittance of the incident X-ray. UGUI(S) set the thickness of the attenuator (Al) from the wavelength.
However the combination of the thickness of the attenuator is not continuous. For that reason, the transmittance is not just the specified value.
Mode indicates the current status of the devices, considering five types.
- Manual Exchange ： The user is able to exchange manually the samples.
- Crystal Centering ： The sample position can be moved, that the crystal can be centered at the beam position.
- Exafs Measurement ： The MCA / XAFS program is active.
- Data Collection ： A snapshot or a data collection run is active.
- Robot Exchange ： The robot is currently mounting a sample.
- >Stars Master<
This display indicates the user's authority of the GUI, the users's control of all devices by the ugui program.
Generally, the background is blue, the frame displays ugui, and the user has control of the software.
In order to get the control of the software, you'll have to click on the upper [Configure] => [stars] => [Get Master] buttons, especially when the Stars Master frame displays none with yellow background.
Each tab allows the user to have access to a wide range of operations. Here are some more details on those.
- [SCREEN]：This tab can be accessed only via the "uguis" software, used to control the Sample Exchange Robot PAM.
It allows the user to operate the "auto crystal mounting system".
- [CENTER]：This tab helps to operate with crystal centering and snapshot.
- [XAFS]： This tab allows the user to measure XAFS profiles.
- [COLLECT]：This tab allows the user to control sequential diffraction data, as when used for data collection.
- [RADDOSE]：This tab helps to estimate the radiation damage of your crystal.
- [CONTROL]：This tab allows the user to restart the clients in case of emergency.
[Exit]：closes the ugui program.
[stars]：to change the user authority on the ugui program.
=>[Get Master]： to get the authority. (to use when Stars Master displays "none".)
=>[Give Up Master]：to give up the authority. (This option is of no use for non staff users.)
[refresh]：displays the latest diffraction image.
[stand alone adxv]：allows to choose one diffraction image to be displayed among the list of available images.
[Gap]：allows to change the gap distance when using the undulator.
(You will need to click [Gap] after each beam injection at BL-1A and BL-17A.)
[Files/Directories name]：to change the name of the sub-directories, notably the prefix of the files under the Working Directory.
[CD/CN Positions]：allows the user to change the camera and the cryo nozzle-to-crystal distance in the Manual Exchange Mode.
The lower limits of these values have been delimited according to the settings of each beamline.
BE AWARE: If values lower than the lower limits are set, the program stops with an error message when changing to Manual Exchange Mode.
In case of emergency: enforced stop
You can click the [Emergency Stop] button.
- when several minutes passed after the end of the measurement but the background of the Status display is still indicating red.
- when the background of the Status frame is still red but the devices seem not to be working.
Closing the program
Simply select [File]-[Exit] from the menu bar.
[Go to Top]